Let us help. Whether you need information on tax incentives or the perfect location for your company, we’ll make sure you get everything you need to set up your business here.
- Six Rivers Chamber of Commerce
- Advocate District Development Association
- Parrsboro & District Board of Trade
- Amherst & Area Chamber of Commerce
- Springhill & Area Chamber of Commerce
- Community Business Development Corporations
- Invest Nova Scotia
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Cumberland Business Connector
Are you looking to start or operate a business in the Municipality?
Visit BizPaL to create a customized list of licences and permits that you may need to get started.
BizPaL uses a step-by-step process where you simply select:
- The type of business you have or plan to start
- The municipality where it's located
- Any related activity you may perform to start or run your business (such as serving or selling food or alcohol)
Please see the pdf Community Economic Development Strategy (1.05 MB) for more information about community economic development in the Municipality of the County of Cumberland.
The Community Foundation of Nova Scotia, along with local leadership, released a report in 2016 that captures and presents the realities, challenges, and opportunities in our communities. The Cumberland County's Vital Signs Report provides data on demographics, local economies, housing, arts, culture and recreation, and so much more.
For more information please see pdf Cumberland County's Vital Sign (9.79 MB) .